Suitable for spring time when the most tender, sweetest and freshest green pea appears, this recipe makes a very succulent and dainty dish of green peas and young lamb, also known as fricassee, the taste of which is perfectly emphasized by white wine. Besides this dish is rich in elements required for normal functioning of our body. Lamb meat is rich in zinc and improves sexual drive. Green pea is a natural source of chlorophyll and regulates stomach function. Onion is a natural antibiotic. You will not only enjoy the lamb fricassee but also strengthen your health.
Ingredients for Lamb Fricassee
- 2-3 pounds of lamb with bones
- Pound of green pea
- 300 g of white onion
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Two eggs
- Half a glass of dry white wine
- Glass of water
- Slice onion in half rings. Pour oil in a thick-bottomed pan and sauté onion for around two minutes until golden.
- Put salt, lower heat to minimum and braise onion with lid closed for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add green peas, glass of water and keep on braising for another 5 – 10 minutes
- Separate meat from bones, and carve in slices. Add to the pan where onion and pea is braised.
- Add salt and braise for around 10 minutes, sprinkle with wine and keep on braising until the wine is evaporated.
- Throw two eggs and mix well and fast for a minute.
- Turn off heat and cover, let the fricassee rest for a while to absorb aroma from the ingredients
- Garnish with greens and vegetables, and serve.