If you want to eat healthy, include more bean dishes into your diet. Beans are rich in calcium, magnesium and folic acid. It is also a good source of fiber that cleanses the digestive system from toxins, activates stomach microbial flora and removes excessive cholesterol. Turkey liver we used in our salad provides a lot of energy and boosts recovery processes. This makes our salad a fabulously tasty way to stay healthy.
Ingredients for Bean Salad with Turkey Liver
- 200 g beans
- 300 g turkey liver
- 1 onion
- Few fennel stalks
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Soak beans in cold water over night, adding a half teaspoonful of baking soda.
- Then rinse beans well in running water. Boil until tender for about 40 minutes and drain water through a colander.
- In another pot, bring water to a boil and boil turkey liver for about 10-15 minutes.
- Let liver cool and cut into bean-size pieces.
- Combine beans and liver pieces, add shredded fennel and chopped onion.
- Pour lemon juice squeezed from a half of lemon, season with salt to taste and dress with olive oil.
- Stir everything well and let stand for 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon and cucumber slices, greens or whatever your heart contents. Serve.