Puff is a light pastry made from puff paste. You can make it with any filling you like. For this recipe you will need dried fruit, candied fruit and walnuts. As there is no juice in the filling, puffs are crispy and do not swell when stored. These puffs are delicious, and if you make them for a party, your guests will be thrilled with the dessert. What’s more, this dessert is healthy as dried fruits are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. You can serve them with dessert wine.
Ingredients for Dough
- 0.7 lb flour
- 0.5 lb butter
- 0.1 pt white dry wine
- 0.25 pt water
- salt and sugar to taste
- flour for sprinkling
Ingredients for Filling
- 50 g peeled walnuts
- 30 g almond nuts
- 50 g dried plums
- 50 g raisins
- 30 g dried fruits
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- Knead soft white wine flour dough. Add some salt and sugar, water.
- Keep kneading dough until smooth. Sprinkle some flour if needed.
- Roll out dough thinly and coat with soft butter.
- Fold it in thirds and roll out again into a very thin layer.
- Then coat with butter again.
- Repeat this process 4-5 times until the butter soaks in.
- Shape dough into oblong loaf and place the loaf into refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile make the filling.
- Take peeled walnuts and almond nuts and grind them.
- Chop dried plums and dried fruits finely.
- Blend raisins, walnuts, dried plums and dried fruits together.
- Add sugar and egg, mix the ingredients well. The filling is ready!
- Now take the dough out of refrigerator.
- Roll out a thin layer and cut it into small squares that are about 4 inches a side.
- Place the filling in the middle of each square and fold over into a triangle.
- Put on a baking tray and bake at medium temperature for 30 minutes until puffs turn golden.
- Then take it out from the oven. Sprinkle with sugar powder when puffs get cool.