The dish of fusilli spiral-shaped pasta topped with the sauce made with simmered vegetables and chicken liver will nicely vary your everyday menu. We cooked it without adding hot spices and it’s very stomach-friendly meal that both grownups and kids are going to enjoy. Chicken liver is considered to be a dietary food with as less as 122 kcal per 100 g. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and helps against poor blood. Chicken liver also contains ferments that are able to slow down the aging of cells. The cooking will take you little time – about half an hour. This quick you will be ready to serve this filling and tasty for your family.
Ingredients for Fusilli with Vegetables and Liver
- 1 lb (500 g) fusilli
- 300 g chicken liver
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 white onion
- 300 g tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 squash
- 1 parsley stalk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse chicken liver in running water and chop finely.
- Wash tomatoes, carrot, squash, peel and dice.
- Chop garlic, onion and parsley very finely.
- In a saucepan, pour olive oil and sauté garlic for about 2 minutes, then add onion and sauté for additional 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add carrot, squash, parsley and salt to taste and fry for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, stir everything well, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken liver into the sauce and keep simmering for 15 minutes.
- In a large pot of salted water, boil fusilli for about 15 minutes and then drain water through a colander.
- Put fusilli on plates and top with the sauce.
- Serve hot.