Soups have always been important in Russian cuisine. In winter time, it’s so good to have a bowl of hot soup for lunch. A bowl of freshly cooked soup will always warm you; it will give you energy and lift your spirit. Besides, soups are incredibly important to build a healthy and balanced diet. Notably, chicken soup is very beneficial for blood vessels, improving circulation, and for digestion, regulating acidity. Do you know that people who enjoy slim bodies always eat soups and borsches? That’s why they don’t pack on pounds. That’s because our body spends more calories on digestion of soups than the soups provide. Soups are perfectly nutritionally balanced.
Ingredients for Chicken Soup with Beans and Cauliflower
- 1 lb (500 g) chicken
- 200 g beans
- 1 large onion
- 1 sweet pepper
- Cauliflower, a couple of buds
- 3 tablespoons homemade adjika
- Couple of parsley stalks
- 4-5 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- Soak beans in water beforehand for a few hours and then boil until tender.
- Pour 4 pt (2 liters) of water into a pot and boil chicken.
- Meanwhile, make the sautéed mixture for soup.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan and sauté chopped onion.
- Add finely sliced pepper and small cauliflower buds.
- Mix everything and sauté for 5-6 minutes and then add homemade adjika. If you don’t have adjika, use tomato paste or any sweet and sour sauce.
- Cook everything for 2-3 minutes and transfer the mixture to the pot with boiling chicken.
- Drop boiled beans and cook the soup over 10-15 minutes over low heat. Add salt to taste.
- Turn the heat off and serve, sprinkling with shredded parsley.