Homemade Sausages Recipe
Everybody loves homemade sausages. Though it requires a lot fuss in the kitchen, you can be sure there won’t be any chemical additives in your sausage. Homemade sausages are 100% natural and you can eat them even without removing the skin. Preferably, you will need fresh and cooled meat with streaks of fat in it. Buy ready-made hog casings, otherwise you’ll have to scrape them with a knife several times, then rinse in running water thoroughly, turn them inside out and repeat the process. Finally, you have to soak them in water mixed with vinegar overnight to remove any possible smell.
Ingredients for Homemade Sausages
- 4.5 lb (2 kg) cooled meat
- 200-250 g hog casings
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- Black pepper
- Grind 300-400 g of meat (the parts with streaks of fat). Chop the rest of meat finely.
- Grind garlic with meat.
- Then combine ground garlic with chopped and ground meat, add salt and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix everything well and let stand for an hour.
- Pull hog casings over a hole plate of the meat grinder.
- Fill the casings with ground meat, tie up or twist the ends and transfer in a bowl.
- Let the sausages stand in a fridge for a day for better taste.
- Then, you can fry them, bake or grill, piercing with a fork here and there to prevent them from splitting. We baked the sausages.
Note: You can optionally add to ground meat any spices, rosemary, oregano, saffron or basil.