Some studies surprisingly show that cauliflower has lots of health benefits and it can be especially beneficial for men. Regular consumption of cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower in particular, may lower the risk of prostate diseases. Eating cauliflower dishes every week halves the risk of prostate cancer. Latest findings show that broccoli and cauliflower contain the substances with antineoplastic action. Cauliflower is also very tasty and can be served as the main dish, or a side dish to meat, chicken or fish. You can even feed babies with mashed boiled cauliflower.
Ingredients for Fried Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower
½ cup (100 g) flour
5 tablespoons (75 ml) olive oil
Oregano, salt to taste
3 garlic cloves
Fried Cauliflower Recipe
- Boil whole head of cauliflower in a large amount of salted water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Check doneness with a fork: cauliflower must be tender, but not overcooked.
- Remove head of cauliflower and let drain.
- Break into buds.
- Roll each bud in flour.
- Fry in olive oil until golden.
- Arrange on a serving plate and add coarsely grated garlic.
- Sprinkle with oregano and lemon juice.
- Garnish with lemon chunks, greens, cucumber and serve.