Cauliflower with carrot cooked in sour cream sauce has a very light and delicate taste. Optionally, you can sprinkle this dish with any grated cheese before you serve it. Cauliflower dishes are very healthy as cauliflower is known to help cleanse blood from toxins. It is effective against hypertension and due to its antioxidant content has anti-cancer properties.
Ingredients for Cauliflower in Sour Cream Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 carrot
- 3 garlic cloves
- Several parsley stalks
- 1 large tomato
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Break cauliflower into buds.
- Coarsely grate carrot
- Shred garlic cloves and parsley with a knife.
- Chop tomatoes finely.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan and sauté garlic. Then stir in parsley, stir everything quickly and add grated carrot.
- Reduce the heat to the minimum and simmer carrot for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and add chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes and then add cauliflower buds.
- Pour with sour cream, add 100 ml of water to keep the dish moist.
- Add salt to taste, stir and cover.
- Simmer in sour cream sauce for about 20 minutes over very low heat.
- Cook until cauliflower buds are soft.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with lettuce and fresh parsley. Serve.