Wed, Dec 25, 2013 | |
Healthy bread recipe. There are many recipes of bread with sourdough, and you have to do some experimenting to make sure that you have a recipe well-suited to your oven.
We intended to get a loaf of bread which would be crispy outside, porous inside, and with a good crust.
The perfect way is to bake it in an oven heated with wood, but we have to adapt to the existing conditions.
It’s good to bake bread on stone. We don’t have one, we have a cast iron frying pan for pizza, so we put it into the oven and heat it for half an hour. If you have stone, the thicker it is, the longer you will have to heat it.
Ingredients for Homemade Sourdough Bread
- Wheat flour: 500 g.
- Dry sourdough (lievito madre): 50 gr.
- Warm water: 350 ml. (water need 60-70% of the flour weight, much depends on the type of flour, as it will absorb water)
- Salt to taste.
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Sugar: 1 tsp
Recipe for Homemade Sourdough Bread
- Mix sourdough with water, couple tablespoons of flour and sugar, wait until it gets activated.
- Mix all the ingredients in a deep bowl.
- Roll up the dough into a ball and leave to ferment for 6-7 hours. Dough with sourdough ferments longer than on the common yeast. But the taste and the texture will come out better.
- Gather up the dough without kneading it much (so that you don’t disturb bubbles) by turning it up from down inside, form a loaf.
- Put on a piece of parchment and let it come to, about 1,5 hour.
- Pull the loaf on the parchment onto a baking tray or on a hot stone.
- Bake at 390 degrees in a pre-heated oven, about an hour.