Store-bought bakery products stand no comparison with those made at home. There are lots of bread recipes. Here we offer the simplest one without any filling. Even unskillful housewives could handle the recipe. The most important thing about bread baking is the quality of yeast you use because it is what makes your bread soft and puffy. Another important thing is that the room where your bake the bread is warm enough. Also, make sure you pre-heat an oven well 15-20 minutes prior baking.
Ingredients for Homemade Bread
- 3 cups (700 g) white flour
- 25-30 g fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 300-350 ml water
- Mix the yeast with warm water, add salt and a tablespoonful of olive oil.
- Sieve the flour and combine with mixed yeast.
- Kneed dough until not sticky.
- Keep kneading for additional 5-6 minutes and then form a ball.
- Place the ball into a large bowl and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Put in a warm place. When the dough doubles in size, knead again and wait for about 20 minutes until it rises again.
- Form a loaf, place on a baking sheet and let stand for 20 minutes to rise.
- When the dough grows in size again, put the baking sheet into pre-heated oven.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes at a medium temperature until nicely brown.