Home-made stuffed cabbage leaves is a nourishing and tasty dish. In the cabbage rolls all good balanced, they have all the nutrients substances that we need. What can be better than a dish of meat, rice and vegetables?
Ingredients for Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1 lb minced meat
- half a glass olive oil
- 0.4 lb rice
- carrots 2-3
- tomatoes 2-3
- tomato paste 1 tb. sp.
- onions 2
- garlic 3-4 cloves
- Parsley, dill, curry: to taste.
- Spices, Salt: to taste.
- cabbage head
- 2-3 cups broth or water
Recipe for Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
- Cut the cabbage’s leaves at the base carefully and separate them from the head. Put them into a pan, pour over with boiling salted water, cover up and leave to stand for half an hour.
- Pour some oil in a frying pan, add onionand garlic, fry them, then add grated carrot and fry them together for a couple of minutes.
- After that add a tomato. Stew for 2 minutes; add minced meat.
- At the end put in rice, greens, spices and give it a good mix-up.
- Divide the cabbage leaves in two, cutting off the center and tough stalks. Put some filling on each leaf and roll it up.
- Put a few leaves into a wide pan and then put in the stuffed leaves tightly; cover them up with leaves. Pour in water or broth so as to cover up the stuffed roll.
- Boil on low heat, covered, for about 30-40 minutes.