Grissini is a well-known type of crispy elongated bread.
These breadsticks were invented in Turin in 1600, in the era of the Duke of Savoy’s son, suffering from intestinal problems. The doctor recommended him to improve digestion and eat dry crunchy sticks instead of soft bread.
Originally, the consumption of delicious breadsticks was the privilege of the nobility. Then, it spread to the entire population! Could anyone really dislike them?
In this recipe, we present grissini with small variations.
Ingredients for Grissini with Various Seeds Recipe
- Flour: 500 gr.
- Water: about 280 ml.
- Olive oil: 3 tbsp
- Fresh yeast: 20 g.
- Flax seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and fennel: everything to taste.
- Grated Parmesan cheese: 2-3 tablespoons
- A couple pinches of salt and sugar.
Recipe for Grissini with Various Seeds Recipe
- First cook liquid dough: dissolve yeast in warm water and add a pinch of sugar and 200 grams of flour. Leave the dough to ferment for 2 hours.
- Then stir in all the remaining ingredients. Prepare elastic dough.
- Roll it into a ball, place in a deep bowl, cover with foil, and leave it to ferment for 2-3 hours.
- Roll it into thin sticks by pulling them from two sides.
- Bake until golden brown.