Frittata (or omelet) with potatoes is a dish with a real rustic flavor.
It serves as the second or main course for lunch or dinner. It may also be a great breakfast – however, not in Italy.
After all, the classic Italian breakfast is sweet. In Italy, people do not have something other than coffee and cookies or cornetto for breakfast.
Those living in a cooler climate, of course, need a more substantial breakfast, which makes frittata an ideal variant.
Ingredients for Frittata with Potatoes
- Boiled potatoes in their skins: 3-4
- Eggs: 4-5
- Pesto Sauce: 1-2 tbsp
- Grated Parmesan cheese: 2-3 tablespoons
- Olive oil: 2-3 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe for Frittata with Potatoes
- Whisk the eggs with pesto, grated parmesan, and salt.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them crosswise, making round slices.
- Heat some oil in a pan, place the potato slices and slightly brown them.
- Then pour the egg mixture.
- Cook 8-10 minutes over medium heat, covering with a lid. Then turn the frittata upside down. This can be done with the help of the lid, or special double pan.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes on the other side.
- Once the potato frittata is ready, serve it on a dish.
- Serve sliced, like a pizza.