Plăcintă (placindas) means flat pies, pastries, cakes or tortillas with filling.
They are popular in the Moldavian cuisine. The filling can be various – curd, herbs, potatoes, cabbage, sheep cheese. There are also sweet variants with apple, cherry, pumpkin.
Since it is fall now, and the pumpkin rules, we are going to bake pumpkin plăcintă.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pies Plăcintă
for the dough
- Flour: 650-700 gr.
- Kefir or yogurt: 300 gr.
- Vegetable oil: 3-4 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
for the filling
- Pumpkin: approximately 1 kg.
- Sugar to taste.
Recipe for Pumpkin Pies Plăcintă
- Pour kefir into the sifted flour, add an egg, salt and vegetable oil.
- Knead the dough that does not stick. Leave under a film for an hour.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 balls.
- Roll them out thinly stretching the dough slightly, and then spread some oil over them.
- Put the thickly grated pumpkin in the middle, sprinkle with sugar.
- Make 5-6 cuts on the edges of the dough, fold the petals stretching them a little, and pinch the edges. Slightly flatten the pies.
- Fry until golden on both sides, in a frying pan with a little oil, or on dry pan-grill.