If you cook fennel this way you will have a tasty, tender and aromatic dish which is, first of all, very easy to make. The main thing is to mind that the temperature is right, so that the middle is well-baked and juicy, while the crust is crunchy and mouth-watering.
Ingredients for Fennel Au Gratin
- Fennel: 4-5 tubers.
- Cheese can take any semisolid: about 150 g.
- Slices of cheese for toasts: 5-6.
- Cup of bread crumbs.
- Olive oil, salt: to taste.
Recipe for Fennel Au Gratin
- Cut the green shoots off fennel, wash the bulbs and cut them across thinly.
- Put the fennel pieces into a pre-oiled form in several layers interspersing them with dry bread crumbs and grated cheese.
- Top with thin cheese slices, sprinkle with bread crumbs and pour over with a little olive oil.
- Bake in the oven at 356 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.