Octopus meat contains an easily assimilated protein, which is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Besides, there are virtually no carbohydrates in octopus. 100 gr. flesh octopus – only 60 calories.
All this makes octopus a very useful dietary product.
Inrgedients for Octopus Salad
- 1 Octopus: about 1 kg.
- Garlic: 2-3 cloves.
- A bunch of parsley.
- Lemon juice.
- Olive oil.
Recipe for Octopus Salad
- Clean an octopus and remove the eyes. Rinse the body.
- Pour a little water in a deep pan and boil it.
- Place an octopus into the boiling water, holding it by the head. In such a way its tentacles will be twisted nicely.
- Cook it for about half an hour or an hour, with average boiling and a closed lid.
- Leave it to get cool in the same pan. This is the secret of making octopus meat soft and tender.
- Then cut it into pieces and put in a salad bowl.
- Add garlic, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Keep the salad in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.