Beef liver is a highly nutrient and excellent food. It is rich in B12 vitamin which is contained in it in an easily digestible form. This vitamin participates in the body’s vital exchange reactions. It is known for its blood-producing properties and is necessary for the harmonious function of the nervous system. Liver does not require long thermal treatment for its healthy properties are preserved better this way. Here is the recipe for preparing beef liver from Italian cuisine. They call beef liver cooked with garlic and parsley trifolati. Liver cooked according to this recipe can be given to children.
Ingredients for Beef Liver with Garlic and Parsley
- 1.2-1.4 lb/ 600-700g fresh beef liver
- some parsley stalks
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons/ 1-1.4 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- If you have liver in one piece dice it into very thin slices with height not more than 0.4 in. In Italian shops it is usually sold already diced.
- Chop garlic and parsley finely.
- Pour olive oil into a wide frying pan.
- Put the pan on a stove and put liver slices all over the pan. It must be cooked over strong heat so that liver juice wouldn’t drain.
- Sprinkle it with garlic and parsley.
- After about 2 minutes turn each liver slice over carefully so that garlic and parsley don’t fall down.
- When the liver has been turned over, salt it.
- Fry the other side of the pieces for about 1-2 minutes to make the liver juicy.
- Serve quickly with some vegetable salad and herbs, it must be hot. Drizzle it with the oil from the frying pan.