Try to cook delicious flat cakes flavored with cheese. They can be a great addition to various dishes. These flat cakes go well with prosciutto, sausage, mushrooms and various vegetables.
The dough is prepared on milk kefir or yogurt, so the flat cakes become very soft. And because of the cheese they are somewhat layered.
Ingredients for Cheese Flat Cakes with Herbs
- Flour: 600 gr.
- Kefir or yogurt: 350 ml.
- Any semi-hard cheese: 150-200 gr.
- Salt to taste.
- Soda or baking powder: 0.5 tsp
- Any greens (we had the parsley and basil): to taste.
Recipe for Cheese Flat Cakes with Herbs
- Sift flour with salt.
- Pour milk kefir and add soda.
- Knead soft dough that will not stick.
- Roll it into a ball and leave it for 40 minutes.
- Grate the cheese coarsely and chop the herbs finely. Stir it all in the dough.
- Roll the dough into a long plait and cut it into small pieces.
- Use a rolling-pin to roll each piece and make flat cakes of medium size.
- Pre-heat a grill pan.
- Bake the flat cakes on both sides until golden in color.
- If you want, can grease warm flat cakes with butter.