Caesar salad is amazingly tasty though the products in it are quite common. The secret is in the dressing. The dressing has a rich and delicate taste. It gives the salad an unforgettable, absolutely charming flavor which you will want to taste again and again.
Ingredients for Caesar Salad with Shrimps
- 0.6 lb large shrimps
- 1 head Romano lettuce
- 3 pieces white yesterday bread
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1.8 oz grated parmesan
- 3.4 fl oz olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt, black pepper
- First you need to peel and mash garlic cloves. Pour them with olive oil and let them stand like this for about 2 hours at least. The perfect way to do it is to steep large pieces of garlic on olive oil on for about 5 days. But probably you have no such oil. So this quick way will do.
- While the oil and the garlic are getting ready we have things to do. We’ll prepare lettuce leaves. The outer leaves of Romano are usually coarse, so it is better to remove them. Separate other leaves and rinse them in running water. Dry them with a paper towel and place in the fridge. The leaves should be clean, dry, cold and crackling.
- Cut white bread into medium-sized cubes to make croutons. Dry bread cubes on a baking sheet in an oven or in a frying pan with a thick bottom. When croutons are ready sprinkle them with olive oil with garlic and fry for a few more minutes.
- Peel the shrimps leaving some with their tails for beauty’s sake.
- Marinate the shrimps in a mixture of one spoonful of lemon juice, a few drops of Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of salt and two spoonfuls of olive oil. Leave the shrimps in this marinade for 30 minutes. As you can see this salad takes time and patience.
- Now the time is ripe for dressing. First put eggs into boiling water for 1 minute. Then put them into cold water. Break the eggs into a blender glass. Add olive oil with garlic, a teaspoonful of Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Beat everything until smooth. At the end of the process add 2-3 tablespoons of finely grated Parmesan.
- Fry shrimps for 2 minutes on each side. You must add them to the salad when they are still warm, so fry shrimps just before adding.
- All the ingredients for the salad are ready. You should mix them right before serving. So, now a few words how we put the salad together. Tear the lettuce leaves into a big salad bowl. Dress them with the dressing and mix carefully, then spread them out on plates.
- Top them with croutons, warm shrimps and strew with grated Parmesan. The salad should best be eaten at once.