Learn the universal yeast dough recipe for pies with any filling.
Pies can be filled with anything you like – mushrooms, potatoes, fish, cheese, or meat, or vegetables.
And if you add more sugar, it is also possible to bake sweet pies with any fruit or berries.
The pies will be fluffy-soft and very tasty.
Today, we have prepared pies with two kinds of fillings from this dough – with cabbage, and with meat.
Ingredients for Cabbage and Meat Pies
- Flour: 800 gr.
- Milk 350 ml.
- Olive oil: 100 ml.
- Egg: 1.
- Fresh yeast: 25 g.
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- For the cabbage filling: onions – 2, carrots – 2, cabbage – 300 gr, tomato puree, salt and pepper.
- For the meat filling: onions – 2, veal mince – 300 grams, celery, tomato puree, salt and pepper.
Recipe for Cabbage and Meat Pies
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast with milk.
- Wait a few minutes to more active yeast.
- Then add the olive oil and egg.
- Adding the sifted flour slowly, knead the dough that does not stick.
- Roll it into a ball, leave in a warm place for fermentation, for at least 2 hours and can be longer .
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. Stew the ingredients in two separate pans, first the onion, then all the other ingredients in the proportions as to suit your taste. Bring to perfection, adding salt and spices.
- When the dough has doubled in size, put it on the floured working surface; knead for a few minutes.
- Then divide the dough into 2 parts, roll it out in long strands. Cut them into pieces.
- Roll each piece out into a thin cake. Put the stuffing in the middle, pinch the edges.
- Lay the pies seam side down on the baking sheet, covered with parchment. Leave for 1 hour.
- Grease them with an egg and put into the preheated oven.
- Bake until golden, at 180C.