Here is a very interesting recipe of a delicious fragrant Apple Cake with a meringue-like crisp.
To get such an alluring airy cake, you need to whisk eggs with sugar long enough, until firm peaks. Do not add any oil in the dough.
Ingredients for apple cake with a crispy crust
- Apples: 6-7
- Eggs: 3
- Dried cranberries: 2-3 tablespoons
- Sugar: 1 cup (about 160 gr.)
- Flour: 1 cup (about 180 gr.)
- Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda: 0.5 tsp
- A pinch of salt.
Recipe for apple cake with a crispy crust
- Whisk eggs and sugar for 10 minutes.
- Then sift the flour with salt and soda into the bowl with eggs.
- Whisk all the ingredients together for a couple of minutes, making puffy soft batter.
- Butter the mold and sprinkle it with breadcrumbs.
- Spread the peeled and diced apples evenly along the mold, sprinkle with cranberries and cinnamon.
- Pour the batter into the mold.
- Bake the cake in a pre-heated oven at 180C, until it is covered with a golden crispy crust, about 35-40 minutes.