Appetizers in endive cup-leaves impart cheerfulness and originality to the table. Their taste is piquant and pleasantly pungent. Italian dry-cured Prosciutto ham and cherry-tomatoes go harmoniously with endive. You can dress this appetizer with some lemon juice at your fancy.
Ingredients for Appetizer with Endive and Prosciutto Ham
- 1 endive
- 0.2 lb/ 100 g Prosciutto ham
- 8-10 cherry-tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- A few stalks of celery
- Break the leaves off the endive head carefully, cutting them at the base.
- Roll thin slices of ham making them look like roses, fix them with toothpicks.
- Halve the cherry-tomatoes; chop the lemon into thin slices.
- Put some celery leaves and a rose-shaped piece of ham in each endive cup.
- Garnish with tomato halves and lemon slices. Should you prefer to salt this appetizer a little and dress it with lemon juice better do it just before serving to prevent the release of excessive juice.