The induction cooktop is an effective way of cooking in that it uses the electromagnetic energy to heat the cookware. Induction cooktops use energy directly where do not use the burner underneath the pan compared to electric cooktops which use the power directly. Technology advancement has led to the introduction of induction that uses the electromagnetic field to heat the cookware. Induction cooktops are of four types: portable, built-in, freestanding which includes oven and commercial varieties.
The focus is on the advantages and disadvantages of induction cooking.
Advantages of Induction Cooking
Induction offers a lot of benefits which includes:
- It is faster: Induction cooking has a direct transfer of heat to a pan metal which is fast. Induction cooktops provide an instant heat which can cook quicker and safe one’s time. In the food industry, it is currently adopted mean which saves energy through its modern technology.
- Induction cooking is efficient: there is control of the temperatures, and its response is quicker. Therefore, induction cooktops cook accurately. The induction cooktops have various temperatures control setting which makes them efficient, reducing heat loss.
- The induction cooking is versatile: One can use it at home or at a social event where it is more popular. It is intact enough to carry out cooking on various environments. Induction cooking has advanced control which one can warm food.
- Induction cooking has safety features: induction cooking uses some portable cooktops which has safety features and easy to operate. An oven has a controlled setting and offers high safety to the user through its parameters.
- Easy to clean; induction cooking cooktops do not need grease, and one can quickly wipe the cooktop with a piece of cloth. The food is not left on the surface as the heat is transferred to the pan directly where it heats the food.
The disadvantage of Induction Cooking
- The induction cooktops will cost more to buy a new one compared to the traditional one like gas and electric cookware, and the initial outlay is it higher.
- The induction cooking can create a challenge where there is no power as one cannot be able to cook. There is a drawback as there is a drawback in temperature setting.
- The induction cooking works on various types of pans as others may not be compatible. Some of the models may have some problems as the fan may be noisy. There are multiple models which cannot operate with low temperature while others shut off automatically.
Price Difference between Induction Cooktop
Various factors such as size power and capability define the price .the smaller and portable cooktops are cheaper compared to the freestanding and inbuilt model as they do not have most of the features. A feature can dictate the price of a cooktop. The power levels also determine the cost of the cooktop although the power level is not directly proportional to the price.
Induction cooking is a modern, efficient way as a result of advancement in technology which uses electromagnetic power. Induction cooking has many advantages if considered they outweigh the disadvantages and that’s why a portable induction cooktop makes sense. The prices of the induction cooktops also vary due to size, features, and capability.