Warm Crete Salad with Kidney Beans, Fennel and Feta
This recipe has been around from ancient times. It can be regarded as an appetizer or a salad. The dish is simple and nutritious, with a strong and exquisite flavor of fried fennel. You can also add some olives. The Crete cuisine is rightfully considered to be one of the healthiest and tastiest in the world.
Ingredients for Warm Crete Salad
- 0.6 lb boiled kidney beans
- a fennel bulb
- cherry tomatoes
- 0.4 lb Feta
- 0.2 pt or half a glass olive oil
- parsley, salt, pepper
Recipe for Warm Crete Salad
- Pour some oil into a frying pan, fry onion until it gets transparent, then add chopped fennel. Fry on low heat until it gets soft.
- After that add quartered tomatoes and in another 2 minutes put in kidney beans.
- Salt, pepper and take off the heat in a minute. Add parsley and give it a good mix-up.
- Place into a salad bowl and add feta cubes.