Making Kidney Beans with Mushrooms
Mushrooms are a common ingredient of Italian dishes. A kidney bean with porcini mushrooms (the Italian name for cep) is a customary central Italian dish. The Italian porcini that grow in clean piedmont forests are considered to be one of the best in the world. They are characterized by a strong distinguishing smell.
Ingredient for Kidney Beans with Mushrooms
- 0.8 lb kidney beans
- 0.4 lb porcini or cep mushrooms
- 1 sweet pepper
- 0.4 lb tomato pieces
- 1 onion
- olive oil, pepper, salt
Recipe for Kidney Beans with Mushrooms
- Put kidney beans in water overnight, then boil until it’s soft.
- Pour some oil into a deep stewing pan and fry onion and sweet pepper.
- Then put in tomatoes and mushrooms. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Put in the boiled kidney beans and simmer for another 10 minutes. Salt, pepper to taste.