You don’t have to cook tuna steaks on the grill only. They are very good when simmered with green garlic and lemon juice and garnished with juicy white asparagus. The dish is extremely delicious and everyone who likes tuna’s thick meat with an unusual garnish will fall for it.
Ingredients for Tuna Steaks with White Asparagus
- 3 tuna steaks
- 10 stalks of white asparagus
- several spears of green garlic
- a couple stalks of parsley
- 1 lemon
- olive oil, salt
- Cut garlic and parsley finely. Sauté in olive oil, then put tuna steaks in, pour them over with lemon juice, salt and cover up.
- Simmer for about 5-10 minutes on medium heat, then turn the steaks over and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Peel the rough skin off the asparagus and boil for ten minutes in 4.2 pt water with salt. Afterwards place the asparagus in the sauce that was left after simmering the tuna. Simmer for 2 minutes. Serve hot topped with lemon slices.