Scampi is the Italian name for langoustines. Their flesh is very tasty, sweet, a little like lobster’s. The combination of scampi with the clam mollusk and black rice makes for an exquisite, inordinately fine dish that requires special attention.
Ingredients for Langoustines with Black Rice
- 1.0 lb langoustines (scampi)
- 0.2 lb clam (flesh and juice only)
- 0.4 lb black rice
- 0.5 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 0.4 pt dry white wine
- 0.2 pt Extra Virgin olive oil
Recipe for Langoustines and Clam with Black Rice
- Boil rice until ready.
- Cut off the langoustines’ heads, leaving a few intact for decorative purposes.
- Pour oil into a frying-pan, fry garlic, then add parsley.
- Put in the langoustines’ tails in a minute, fry them over for about 2 minutes.
- Take them out, add some tomato paste into the frying-pan, then in a minute tomatoes and wine. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Put clams into the sauce. In a minute add boiled rice. Cook until ready, 3 min.
- After that put in the fried langoustine tails and serve the dish hot.