The Recipe for Crème Caramel
Crème caramel or flan is a delicate cream dessert topped by soft caramel. It is very easy to make. It can keep in the fridge for several days. Maybe these are the reasons behind its worldwide popularity. The dessert has an uncommonly pleasant taste that is guaranteed to satisfy.
Ingredients for Crème
- 1.48 pt fat cream
- 0.32 pt milk
- 3 eggs
- 0.4 lb sugar
- a vanilla, pod or 1 tablespoon sugar
Ingredients for Caramel
- 0.3 lb sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- a few drops of lemon juice
Recipe for Crème Caramel
- Take a pan with a thick bottom and pour sugar there. When it begins to melt, pour in water and a couple of lemon juice drops. Boil the caramel until it turns brown.
- Cover the bottoms of the forms with caramel.
- To the caramel that is left in the pan mix in cream with milk, vanilla and sugar and heat until it boils.
- Mix up eggs without whipping.
- Pour hot cream into the eggs little by little, mixing carefully. Try and avoid frothing.
- Strain the mixture through the sieve and fill the caramel forms with it.
- Place the forms into a deep baking tray. Fill it with hot water by one third.
- Place the baking tray into the oven pre-heated to 320 degrees. Bake the crème for 45 minutes.
- When it gets spongy turn off the heat, let the forms cool down and put them into the refrigerator for 5 hours.
- When serving pass a knife around the crème and turn over the form contents on a plate.