Preparing sorbets from fresh natural juices or fruit puree at home is quite an easy undertaking, especially if you have an ice cream maker handy. You can make up all kinds of recipes from the fruits you have got at home. You can also involve children in the treat-making process!
Ingredients for Orange Sorbet
- 3 lb oranges
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon starch
- 2-3 cloves
- lemon, orange peel
Recipe for Orange Sorbet
- Squeeze the juice out of oranges.
- Dissolve starch in 3-4 spoonfuls juice.
- Put the remaining juice on heat, add sugar, clove and a piece of lemon, orange peel.
- Bring to boil and add starch. Let it boil for 1-2 minutes more and turn off the heat. Let the mixture cool down, then take out the peel and the cloves.
- Pour the mixture in the cup of the ice-cream maker and freeze for about 25 minutes.
- Put the ready soft sorbet in a form.
- Freeze in the freezer for about 4 hours.