The Napoleon Cake Recipe
Napoleon – is a tender Russian cake consisting of very thin layers and a delicious cream. Here is our favorite recipe of this cake that we adore.
For cream you can make Custard, and whip it with butter. But what we prefer is Napoleon with cream made from milk cream and condensed milk.
Ingredients for Napoleon Cake
- Flour: 350 gr.
- Butter 175 gr.
- Ice cold water 3 tbsp
- 6% vinegar 1 tbsp
- Vodka: 2 tbsp
- 1 egg.
- Pinch of salt.
- 35% cream: 200 ml.
- Boiled condensed milk: 400 ml.
- Butter 80 g.
- A few drops of vanilla essence.
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
Recipe for Napoleon Cake
- Chop flour with cold butter into small crumbs, put them in a dish, cover with a film and place into the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Mix water, salt, vinegar and vodka. Pour this mixture into the butter crumbs, add an egg and knead soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 10-12 balls and place them in the fridge for an hour.
- Roll out each ball thinly.
- Put a plate on each rolled layer and cut out a round piece. We have cake layers diameter of 16 cm.
- Don’t take the cutouts away from the baking tray. Prick every round piece with a fork.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 390 degrees,until light golden color.
- Beat the cutouts from each layer into crumbs – you will use them to sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- Whip cream milk, sugar, with butter and condensed milk for cream.
- Smear the cream over the layers, putting them one on another. Cover the form with a film and put away into the fridge, for 12 hours.
- Then take cake, easily press it from the top. Smear the sides of the cake with the remains of the cream and sprinkle with crumbs.