The Recipe for Yardlong Beans in Tomato Sauce
All those dieting can cook this light dish from green yardlong beans and tomatoes. Yardlong beans are rich in iron and folic acid. They improve blood and are very effective in putting down excessive weight. Tomatoes contain lycopene and loads of beta-carotene. This dish will gladden the hearts of all those who want to eat healthy meals and feel fine.
Ingredients for Yardlong Beans in Tomato Sauce
- 1.3-1.5 lb/ 600-700 g runner beans
- 5-6 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- some parsley stalks
- Trim off the stems of the runner beans. Wash them and drain in a colander. If the pods are too long, break them in two.
- Dice the garlic. Chop the parsley as finely as you can. Slice the tomatoes.
- Pour olive oil into a thick-bottomed pan and fry the garlic until golden.
- Then put in the parsley and add the chopped tomatoes in a minute.
- Add tomato paste, salt to taste, cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Then add the runner beans into this sauce and continue simmering for about 15 minutes.
- As soon as the beans are soft, the dish is ready and can be served.