The Italian chicory radicchio salad leaves look like flowers, they are of a very beautiful dark purple color threaded with white. Its taste is piquant with a touch of bitterness. This salad gives any dish an attractive colorful look and a special taste. It is beneficial for digestion. It goes well with dry-cured Prosciutto ham.
Ingredients for Appetizer with Radicchio Salad and Ham
- 1-2 radicchio salad
- 0.2-0.3 lb/ 100-150 g Prosciutto ham
- 1 lemon
- some stalks of parsley
- olive oil
- Wash salad heads, cut off the leaves at the base and separate carefully.
- Put them on a plate fan-wise, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Roll ham slices to make them look like roses. Put the buds in the centre of each leaf.
- Garnish with parsley and serve. If you want to add oil and a little salt, do it just before serving to prevent the salad from releasing juice.