Tortellini is a product made of egg dough with filling, Italian-style dumplings. It is a tasty dish for a hearty dinner, which is worth effort, because your family will appreciate it.
Ingredients for Tortellini with Tomato Sauce
for the dough
- Wheat flour type 00: 300-350 gr.
- Eggs: 3
for the filling
- Ricotta: 200 gr.
- Parmesan or Grana Padano: 50 gr.
- Dried porcini mushrooms: 30 gr.
- Butter: 30 gr.
- Salt to taste
for the sauce
- Tomato slices or tomato puree passata : 200 gr.
- Olive oil: 4-5 tbsp
- Couple cloves of garlic, a pinch of oregano and a few sprigs of parsley.
Recipe for Tortellini with Tomato Sauce
- Make a hole in the sifted flour, add the lightly whisked eggs, and knead stiff dough. If the dough is too dry, add a little water.
- Wrap the dough into the foil, leave for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make a tomato sauce – roast garlic in olive oil, add chopped parsley and tomatoes. Season with oregano, salt. Simmer on low heat until thickened.
- For the filling, mix the ricotta, grated cheese, and finely chopped mushrooms, which had previously been soaked in cold water for half an hour. Add some salt.
- Then roll the dough with a sheeting machine or a rolling pin. Cut out circles.
- Using a teaspoon, put the filling in the center of each circle and pinch the edges.
- Cook in salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the tortellini with a slotted spoon and place them into a saucepan with the sauce, mix gently and serve immediately.