Tomatoes go well with olives, with their astringent and slightly spicy taste. And today we’d like to share with you a new recipe of a tasty and healthy salad containing these ingredients. We also added Emmentaler cheese, onion and green basil with its luxurious flavor. It is better to dress this salad with extra virgin olive oil which gives it an extra delicate taste.
Ingredients for Tomato Salad with Olives
- 0.7-0.9 lb/ 300-400 g tomatoes
- 0.4 lb/ 200 g olives
- 1 onion
- 0.2 lb/ 100 g Emmentaler cheese
- some basil leaves
- olive oil, salt to taste
- Dice tomatoes into slices.
- Remove stones from olives.
- Dice onion into thin half-rings.
- Cut cheese into long strips.
- Mix all the ingredients in a salad bowl, top with shredded basil, salt and dress with olive oil.
- Serve the salad immediately.