Onion Frittata Recipe
You can prepare this delicious meal using only two products, eggs and onions – Italian omelet with onions or onion frittata.
There are few cooking secrets, which make this dish delicate, with an unforgettable taste.
Never eaten this? Try it! Even if you do not like onions, you will enjoy it.
Ingredients for Onion Frittata
- 4 large onions.
- 3 eggs.
- Olive oil: 2-3 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe for Onion Frittata
- Cut the onions into thin half-rings. Cut along the bulb, not across.
- Pour some oil into the saucepan, put the onions there.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes over very low heat, not letting the onions burn.
- The onions should be transparent with creamy soft texture. Excess moisture will evaporate, and the volume will decrease by almost three times.
- Whisk eggs and salt lightly.
- Combine eggs and stewed onions, stir the mixture.
- Put it onto the pan in a thin layer.
- Bake until golden on both sides, turning your Frittata once. We have a double pan specifically for Frittata. If you do not have such, then turn it using the lid of the pan. You can also brown the top side on the grill in the oven.