How to Make a Pie – Polenta Pasticciata
It is a traditional dish at Piedmont where it is known as polenta pasticciata. Polenta is stuffed with various goodies – vegetables, small sausages, ham, cheeses and sauces. Adjust all ingredients to your taste. Even those who don’t generally like polenta will find the dish pleasurable and tasty.
Ingredients for stuffed, baked polenta
- 0.5-0.6 lb corn flour
- 0.7 – 0.8 lb small raw sausages
- 0.5-0.6 lb mozzarella
- 0.1 lb peas
- 1.1 lb tomatoes
- 1 stalk leek
- grated parmesan, basil,olive oil, salt and pepper all to taste.
Recipe for Polenta Pie
- Fry leek and basil on some olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- In 5 minutes add peas. Stew the sauce until it thickens.
- Roast sausages on the grill.
- Boil some water, salt. Pour in the flour in a thin trickle stirring constantly. Boil polenta until ready. Cooking time and the right amount of water, usually written on the packet of flour.
- Put half of the polenta into a pre-oiled form in a smooth layer.
- Lay out a layer of tomato sauce on top, then a layer of cut-up sausage.
- Cover it all up with a layer of mozzarella, sprinkle with parmesan.
- Then lay out another layer of polenta, a layer of tomato sauce and parmesan.
- Put it in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes at 392 degrees.
- Polenta with sausage, cheese and vegetables is good in hot or cold as.