Meat is a major source of protein for our body.
Protein deficiency can lead to serious dysfunction of all organs.
Goose meat is as easily digested as chicken, and goose fat is pretty valuable. Goose meat is darker than chicken, but it’s more nourishing. Goose is usually roasted or stewed. It is better to use gosling for cooking as it has more tender and juicy meat.
Ingredients for Goose with Dried Plump
5.5-6 lb goose
½ cup (100 g) sour cream
3 tablespoons (50 g) mustard
2 tablespoons (30 g) mayonnaise
3 garlic cloves
300 g dried plump with walnut stuffing
2 parsley stalks
Salt and meat spices to taste
Recipe of Goose with Dried Plump
- Wash goose. Remove insides (heart, liver and stomach) and cut meat into pieces.
- Blend sour cream, mayo and mustard.
- Add ground garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub goose carcass inside and out with this mixture.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours to ensure proper soaking.
- Then fill the cavity of goose with insides, dried plump with walnut stuffing and parsley.
- Place goose on a baking tray and tent with foil.
- Bake for 2 hours at the temperature of 350-400 F (180-200 C).
- Then unwrap foil and bake for about an hour.
- Goose is ready when its crust turns nicely brown.