Spring is a good time to make shashlik. People are trying to go out for a picnic with their families, friends and darlings and enjoy freshly roasted flavorous shashlik. You can marinate meat in numerous ways. And each marinade ingredient adds some kick to the meat. Chicken meat is very soft and that’s why it marinates quickly. Chicken is considered a dietary meat and that’s those who have some health problems can also enjoy this delicious chicken shashlik.
Ingredients for Chicken Shashlik
4.5 lb (2 kg) chicken (except breast as shashlik will be a bit dry).
2 red bell peppers
1 tablespoon dried basil
3-4 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup (100 ml) 4-6% wine vinegar
3 tablespoons (50 ml) white dry wine
Salt to taste
½ cup (100 ml) water
Recipe of Chicken Shashlik
- Peel and slice onion.
- Wash red bell pepper, remove seeds and cut into slices.
- Crumble bay leaves.
- Mix vinegar, wine and water together.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl: onion, basil, nutmeg, bay leaf, red bell pepper and salt.
- Mash by hand well and combine with the mixture of water, vinegar and wine.
- Wash meat, cut into medium pieces and immerse into marinade.
- Mix everything well, cover and let stand in cold place for 1-1.5 hours.
- Thread meat onto skewers together with onion and red bell pepper.
- Take care not to overcook and roast until nicely drown. Spray with marinade occasionally to keep the shashlik juicy.
- You can make this shashlik at home in your oven or on a grill.