Try this traditional Italian recipe for tiger shrimp sauce. This sauce can be served as both the main dish and an amazing topping for Italian pasta.
Tiger shrimp are very healthy because they contain zinc, iron, phosphorus, proteins, Omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins B12 and PP and they are very low in fat. As with all seafood, shrimp boost libido.
Tomatoes are healthy too due to its lycopene content, an essential anti-cancer agent. Garlic is a natural antibiotic. Basil has provitamin A and gives any dish its wonderful flavor. Olive oil improves heart function.
So this sauce is really good for your health.
Ingredients for Tiger Shrimp Sauce
2.2 lb tiger shrimp
4-5 garlic cloves
1 cup dry white wine
3-4 parsley stalks
Couple of basil leaves
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste
Recipe for Tiger Shrimp Sauce
- Dip the shrimp into boiling water just to make it easier to pull flesh out of shells.
- Cut peeled shrimp into pieces.
- Peel the onion and cut it into half-slices.
- Chop garlic finely.
- Chop tomatoes finely.
- Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil until golden.
- Stir in tomatoes, shredded parsley and basil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and then pour the wine in.
- Keep simmering over low heat until the wine evaporates.
- Add chopped shrimp into the sauce and pour a 1/2 cup of water in.
- Cover and simmer everything together for 5 minutes.
Note: The sauce goes especially well with bruschetta grilled bread or with pasta. If you like spicy food, add red, black or white pepper.