https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/ingrediente.jpg 275 450 Elena and Alfredo https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gc-logo2.png Elena and Alfredo2013-10-23 10:21:222013-10-23 10:21:22How to Make Tuna in Tomato Sauce
Here is a simple but tasty dish. You can serve it with bread crumbs or bread to mop up the delicious thick sauce. Tuna’s smell and taste go well with spicy tomato sauce.
Ingredients for Tuna in Tomato Sauce
- Fresh tuna: about 1-1.5 kg.
- Tomatoes: about 500 gr.
- Olive oil: 5-6 tbsp
- Garlic: 3-4 large cloves.
- Parsley: 2-3 sprigs.
- Basil: a few leaves.
- Oregano: 2-3 pinches.
- Salt and pepper: to taste.
- Tomato puree (passata di pomodori): 0,5 cups.
Recipe for Tuna in Tomato Sauce
- If you have a whole fish, gut it, wash and cut into large pieces. We had a small tuna, which in Italy is called tonneto.
- Pour some oil into a roasting pan, heat it and fry garlic.
- Add tomatoes that have been skinned and finely cut together with tomato puree. Salt, pepper and stew the sauce for about 10 minutes.
- After that put in the tuna pieces. Sprinkle with oregano, basil and parsley.
- Stew for about 20 minutes.