This is a light version of Tiramisu, sans eggs and a great amount of fat. We replaced the fat Mascarpone with light cream cheese and non-fat Ricotta. But if you are not slimming down, take Mascarpone. What does the trick in this recipe is the Dulce de Leche condensed milk that lends it its marvelous caramel taste. This version of tiramisu makes an excellent alternative to the classic recipe.
Ingredients for Tiramisu with Dulce de Leche
- Cookies Savoyardy: 250 gr.
- Ricotta: 250 gr.
- Light cream cheese: 200 gr.
- Glass of condensed milk Dulce de Leche: about 400 gr.
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Cognac or brandy: 4 tablespoon
- Coffee Espresso 2 cups.
- Sugar 3 tsp
- Cocoa powder for sprinkling.
Recipe for Tiramisu with Dulce de Leche
- Whip up cream cheese, Ricotta and Dulce de Leche.
- Make strong coffee, add sugar and cognac.
- Dip each cookie into the coffee for a couple of seconds and put them closely into a form.
- Smear the cookie layer with cream lavishly.
- Keep doing it until you run out of cookies and cream.
- You should end up with cream on top; drizzle cocoa through a strainer over it.
- Put Tiramisu into the fridge for 8-10 hours.