The red radicchio leaf salad, also known as red Italian chicory, contains mustard oil and therefore has a slightly bitter taste. It gives a dish a special unique flavor. Combined with cheese, nuts and olive oil it makes for a nourishing and harmonious taste.
Ingredients for Radichetta Salad
- 1 red radicchio salad
- 10 walnuts
- 0.2 lb Emmenthaler cheese
- olive oil, salt, lemon juice
The Recipe for Radichetta Salad with Nuts
- Separate radicchio leaves from the head, wash and dry.
- Tear up the radichetta leaves with your hands.
- Top them with cheese cut into cubes and broken walnut kernels.
- Dress the salad with olive oil, lemon juice and salt on your plate right before eating.