Try out the Filbertines, incredibly tasty cookies with hazelnuts. Their warm nutty taste, light crunchy texture and spicy aroma are unlikely to leave you indifferent.
Ingredients for Filbertines Cookies
- 0.45 lb flour
- 0.2 lb butter
- an egg
- half a teaspoon cardamom or peel from 1 lemon
- 0.2 lb sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon leavening agent
- 0.22 lb ground hazelnuts
- 25 whole hazelnuts for filling
Recipe for Filbertines Cookies
- Rub butter with sugar and whip up an egg.
- Add sifted flour with leavening agent, pinch of salt, lemon peel and ground nuts, leaving some to sprinkle on top later.
- Knead soft non-sticky dough. Cover with a film and leave in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Roll 25 dough balls, place a whole nut in the center of each and sprinkle with ground nuts.
- Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes at 356 degrees.