In Abruzzo they make them with hazelnuts, pistachios, raisin, air-cured cranberries.
Today we want to introduce you with the recipe yummy and fragrant pistachio cantuccini.
They are called – Cantuccini D’Abruzzo al Pistachios.
Ingredients for Cantuccini with Pistachios
- Flour: 250 gr.
- Sugar: 180 gr.
- Eggs: 2 + 1 Yolk.
- Butter: 50 g.
- Peeled pistachios: 120 gr.
- Finely grated zest of one lemon.
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Pinch of salt.
Recipe for Cantuccini with Pistachios
- Sift flour with baking powder, salt into a bowl.
- Make a hollow and pour in eggs whipped with sugar, add soft butter, zest.
- Piling up the flour from the edges, knead smooth dough.
- Add pistachios and give it a good mix-up.
- Form long narrow baguettes, smear them with yolk.
- Bake for 30 min. at 355 degrees F.
- Take baguettes out and, while warm, cut into pieces about half an inch wide (1,5-2 cm).
- Set into the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Store cantuccini in a closed dry box.