The oyster fungus, also known as pleurotus, is a sort of mushroom that goes well with potatoes. It is a nourishing vegetarian dish. The potato comes out very tasty having imbibed the mushroom aroma.
Ingredients for Oyster Fungus with Potato
- 1.6 lb oyster fungus
- 4-5 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 3 garlic cloves
- olive oil, salt, pepper, laurel leaf, parsley
Recipe for Oyster Fungus with Potato
- Separate the mushrooms from the roots, wash and cut into stripes.
- Peel potatoes and cut into medium-sized pieces.
- Chop onion and garlic finely and chop carrot into cubes.
- Pour some olive oil into a deep frying pan and fry garlic, onion and carrot.
- Put in mushrooms and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, put in salt, pepper and laurel to taste.
- Cover up and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring now and again.
- When the dish is ready sprinkle with parsley.