We would like to share a recipe of delicious, soft, and fragrant buns that do not get stale for a long time. The special feature of this dough is that ricotta is kneaded directly into dough. The dough is yeasting in the refrigerator for a long time. Therefore, it is more convenient to cook it in the evening and bake in the morning.
The texture of these buns is airy, layered, and similar to the texture of brioche.
Baking buns in sweet creamy filling is popular in Austria, as it makes buns extra soft.
Ingredients for Sweet Soft Buns with Ricotta
- Flour: 1 kg.
- Milk 150 ml.
- Ricotta: 250 gr.
- Melted butter: 150 gr.
- Eggs: 3 pcs.
- Sugar: 150 gr.
- Salt 1 tsp
- Fresh yeast: 35 g.
- Cinnamon, cardamom: 0.5 tsp
- For the filling: raisins and dried cranberries: 100-150 gr.
- For flooding (pouring): half cup of whole milk or cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 egg.
Recipe for Sweet Soft Buns with Ricotta
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk, add sugar, and 2-3 tablespoons of flour. Stir and leave it for 1 hour to activate the yeast.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients and knead soft dough.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover with foil and leave it in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Form a rope, cut it into pieces and make buns. Put them in a deep pan.
- Leave them there for 1 hour.
- Prepare the fill by stirring eggs and sugar in the cream and pour the mixture on the risen buns.
- Bake the buns until golden brown, at 180C about 40-45 min.
- To know if they are well-baked, check them with a splinter – it should remain dry.
- If the buns too quickly brown top, need to cover they with foil and continue baking until ready.