This is an excellent dish. For the sauce we used sweet leek and fresh ginger root. This is perfectly accentuates flavor of mussels. Taste of tomato sauce is saturated and bright.
The meat of mussels is delicate and low-calorie, it is rich in proteins and vitamins. Mussels are perfect for dieting.
Ingredients for Spaghetti with Mussles
For 3 Portion
- Mussels in the shell: 1 kg.
- Leek: the white part.
- White wine: 100 ml.
- Olive oil: 4-5 tbsp
- Spaghetti: 300 gr.
- Ginger: 20 gr.
- Tomato puree (passata di pomodori): 1 cup.
- Salt, Parsley.
Recipe for Spaghetti with Mussles
- Put the mussels into the pot, cover them and heat over medium heat, stir them from time to time.
- When all mussels open (throw out those mussels which did not open), take them off the cooker, detach mussels meat from the shells.
- Filter the juice that came out of mussels and pour it into a cup. This juice is needed for the sauce. If you bought a ready-made package mussels, simply pour juice from them in a cup, and filter.
- Pour olive oil into a saucepan. Fry sliced leeks until soft, over medium heat.
- Then add the chopped parsley and a tablespoon of grated ginger, mix everything.
- After a minute, add wine and juice mussels, increase the heat, after 2-3 minutes of boiling, add tomato puree. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Then add mussels and boil for 2-3 more minutes. Sauce for pasta is ready.
- Cook pasta in salted water till it is ready, drain it and place in a saucepan with the sauce, and mix together thoroughly.
- Serve. The dish should be eaten hot.