You don’t put any sugar in these cakes. They get sweet naturally due to dates and figs. We got two baking sheets of cakes from the given quantity of ingredients. We give an approximate amount of flour; you should feel the moment when the dough is not sticky any more, then stop adding flour. These cakes go well with tea or coffee, and you can give them to children with milk.
Ingredients for Rich Cakes with Dates
- 1.5 lb white flour
- 0.7 lb dates without stones
- 0.3-0.4 lb figs
- 0.1 lb walnut cores
- 0.1 lb almond nuts
- 0.4 lb butter
- 5 tablespoons thick yoghurt without chemicals or sour cream
- tablespoon baking powder
- Dice dates, figs, almond nuts and walnuts finely with a knife.
- Add eggs to this mixture and mash it well.
- Then add soft butter, yoghurt or sour cream, a pinch of salt, baking powder and mix everything carefully.
- Add flour gradually; knead the dough until not sticky.
- Roll the dough into a layer of about 0.2 inch thick. Cut it into cakes.
- Bake them on a dry baking sheet in a pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes at the temperature of 360 degrees.