You are going to love this vegetarian dish – simmered eggplant and pumpkin. Soft and succulent pumpkin slices sweeten vegetables and the veggies give their own juice and fragrance to the pumpkin in this piquant and mouth-watering dish.
Simmered pumpkin with eggplants and tomatoes can be served as a wonderful side dish to meat, poultry and fish as well as the main dish. It is especially fine option for those who are keeping low-carb diet and counting their calories.
All vegetables improve metabolism and help detox your body. There is also a substance in pumpkin that helps burn fat. Pumpkin consumption helps lose excessive weight and rejuvenate your body.
Ingredients for Simmered Eggplant and Pumpkin
- 300-400 g pumpkin
- 1-2 eggplants
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 4-5 small onions
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- Several parsley stalks
Recipe for Simmered Eggplant and Pumpkin
- Cut pumpkin into large pieces.
- Cut tomatoes and eggplants into thick pieces.
- Peel onions and garlic cloves and cut in half.
- Pour olive oil in a saucepan and sauté onion and garlic.
- Arrange vegetables in layers: put pumpkin on the bottom, then eggplants and top with tomatoes.
- Add salt to taste and two tablespoonfuls of flavored oil.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat for 20 minutes. Check doneness with a fork.
- Mix carefully, add shredded parsley and turn the heat off.
- Cover and let stand for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve this dish hot or cold.