The author of this recipe wanted to unite very healthy and tasty foods in one dish – asparagus and seafoods. He though of pizza as a great way to combine them. The result was this exclusive pizza with fabulous and delicate taste. And this Italian decided to name this pizza after his dear and beloved soul mate – Elena. Here is this recipe.
Ingredients for Dough
- 2 cups (300g) white flour
- 12-15 g fresh yeast
- Water, half glass
Ingredients for Topping
- 200 g canned tuna
- 1-1.2 lb (500 g) unshelled mussels, or mussel flesh, 150 g
- 150 g canned tomatoes
- Asparagus, 6 stalks or about 200 g
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 1-2 parsley stalks
- Mix yeast in warm water, add salt to taste.
- Knead dough, adding flour gradually.
- Knead until pliable. Form a ball, place into a bowel and cover.
- Let the dough rise for 1-2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare topping.
- If you have alive mussels, boil them until shells are open and then pull out flesh.
- If you have pre-made mussels, just separate flesh from the shells.
- Strain leftover mussel water for sauce.
- Cut about 1/2 inch off each asparagus stalk.
- Cut asparagus stalks along. Chop tougher lower parts finely. Use them for sauce.
- Boil upper parts in salted water for about 5 minutes and drain.
- Shred garlic cloves and parsley.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan and saute garlic with parsley. Then add chopped asparagus.
- In a minute, stir in tomatoes, a few tablespoons of mussel water and mashed tuna together with a marinade from the jar.
- Simmer everything together for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Add salt to taste and drop mussels into the sauce. Cook for additional two minutes and turn the heat off.
- Take out the dough and roll out a thin layer, tapping it with your fingers.
- Slightly build up the edges of the dough to ensure topping doesn’t bleed and the juice is retained.
- Heat an oven to 420-480 degrees.
- Arrange the dough layer on a baking sheet and bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the sauce and mussels heavily. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes and bake at the same temperature.
- Turn the heat off, take your pizza out and sprinkle with boiled asparagus right away.
- Serve hot with white or red wine.